Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Engagement ~ Phil & Leah

Wow... has it been a while since I've updated. I've just been so busy! From session to session, to helping with weddings, to shooting weddings on my own. What a great experience to be slammed with so much work--gotta learn how to run this business one way or another right? Yet I'm so far behind! I have sooo much to do.. but I'm so THANKFUL that I have so much to do because that means that business is coming along and that I really am getting somewhere--and it's AWESOME. But I'll continue to blog about that in another post. For now, this is Phil and Leah's engagement post.

I don't know what has been going on lately, but I've just had ideas and inspiration stirring in my head like CRAZY! Just driving around town, keeping my eyes open for good "shooting spots", I realize I just HAD to do an engagement session. So when my good friend from Young Life, Leah, announced that Phil and her were engaged (we kind of knew it was going to happen! :P) I jumped right at the opportunity to get them some beautiful images.

I told them I just wanted this session to be something like a date that they would go on together--something that really expresses who THEY are as a couple, so that everyone can see the love that they share together. So they first suggested that we stop at The Daily Grind Cafe in downtown Pueblo, and then to go for a short walk down by the Arkansas River near City Park.

Photos were a success!

Well, nearing the end of our session Phil had mentioned to me that while on our way over to the park from the cafe, he and Leah had noticed a very cute white church on the side of the road with a big grass lawn in front of it. He wanted to somehow incorporate the church, or to have him and Leah walking up to the church together holding hands. Of course!!! Not only would images like this show their love for each other like we had originally intended, but their devoted love to God both individually and as a couple. This is when I knew this session was a REAL success. And undoubtedly, their love will last forever.















No comments:

Post a Comment