Sunday, June 20, 2010

My First Maternity Session.

I really love what I do. I really really do. I want to do this the rest of my life.

Yesterday was a really special day for many reason. Many firsts, many very intimate moments, many memories made. Yesterday I had the honor to photograph the Maternity session of one of my very best friends from High School whom I nearly grew up and learned many life lessons with.

Looking back at our friendship up to this point was bittersweet. Time has gone by so fast that it seems like our teen years together just slipped out of our hands in one blink. But oh, the wonderful memories. A true friend that I will have the rest of my life, through thick and thin.

I wanted to take an opportunity to do some good preparation for this shoot. I wanted this one to be different and unique compared to every other maternity session you see. Something that really defines Liz, and something that clearly shows her connection with life itself and her soon to be motherhood with a wonderful baby boy. Something that really really shows that deep emotion.

I truly feel that this session turned out exactly how I imagined it would--and maybe even better. To be honest--sometimes I struggle during shoots. I feel like I don't know my clients well enough, and it's hard to really bring out the real them. But I could easily say that this shoot opened my eyes a bit. I learned that I need to just sit back, relax, and let it all happen. We are all human, anyhow. We all have our concerns, but at the same time, we all know our place in this world. Do it and live it.

From now on, I will make it my best and biggest goal to really get to know my clients. I want to really bring out the true self of my clients. It shouldn't be restrained to a simple hour. How do you get to know someone in that short of time during a scheduled session? I want to talk more, learn more, and be more human with them. Then maybe every session will turn out like this:





















No comments:

Post a Comment