Monday, June 7, 2010

Favorite from my vacation

Spending a week in Nashville with Sarah Barlow gave me several other opportunities. One which was very special to me was to be given the opportunity to travel with my grandparents. My grandparents are very gracious and decided within the last month to drive me to Nashville so that I would not have to fly on a plane. What a relief! Not only a relief, but a very wonderful experience. When I was a child, I was very fortunate to have these two as my grandparents. My summers consisted of what seemed to be endless traveling. As an 11-year-old, I was away from home for two months at a time, visiting several places all over the U.S. via RV. I have to say, the BEST way to travel is in a motor home. No wonder why so many retired people do this... what a life it is to have to be able to just leave whenever you want to.

As a young child, I loved every single moment of traveling with my grandparents and have many fond memories of the places we visited together. However, I always say that I do wish I had the ability to travel as much as I did when I was a child, because as a child I don't think I appreciated the beauty around me quite as much. So, on this trip, instead of watching movies in the back of the RV or reading magazines while going down the road, I sat in the front seat the whole way and soaked up EVERYTHING we saw. Oh. My. Gosh. I didn't realize how beautiful our country could be. There is so much lush and green country the further you go East.. who would have imagined?! I was so inspired and I like to describe my awe as an over-stimulation.

Anyway, being as into photography as I am now, I decided to post some of my favorite photos I took while we were driving down the road. I actually got some good ones, I think! When I was a child, I had a simple film point and shoot camera. I recall loving photography even back then, and have some saved photos that I took on past trips that I might share in the future! But for now, enjoy...

We followed the train tracks the whole way! This photo was taken somewhere in either Kansas or Missouri.

Highway 400 I will never forget. Lush, green farms and orchards everywhere. A wanderlust's dream.








About to cross the Mississippi..







The People who made this possible: I love you Grandma and Grandpa, THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment